Mysore Palace is one of the top tourist place in Mysore.It is located in Mysore the state of karnataka. The palace is placed in the centre of Mysore and faces the Chamundi Hills.This Palace is also known as Amba Vilas Palace. Mysore Palace is now one of the most tourist attraction in India.
- Visit Timing: Daily, 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- How to Reach: One can reach Mysore by KSRTC bus, train or cab from Bangalore (140 Km approx), which is well connected by train and air with major cities of India and by air with some international ones.
2.Mysore Zoo( Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens)
Mysore Zoo is a zoo of 157 acres near the Mysore palace. It is one of India's oldest and most famous zoos and has a variety of species.Mysore zoo is one of the main attractions of the city. It is also known as Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens.Such programs as Youth Clubs, Literary Competitions, and the Summer Camp activities are implemented by Zoo.
- Timing:11.00 AM to 3.00 PM
- Ticket: Cost of tickets varies on weekdays and weekends. The website of Mysore Zoo has an online booking portal.
- Charges for Adults are Rs 50 per head
- Charges for Children (5-12 years) are Rs 20 per head
- Weekends and Government Holidays
- Charges for Adults are Rs 60 per head
- Charges for Children (5-12 years) are Rs 30 per head
In Mandya, Karnataka district, just 21 km from Mysore, you will find the Brindavan Gardens, a restaurant of nature.Built across India's remarkable river Cauvery, the completion of the project took about five years. The endless lush green terrace gardens and abundant plants all around offer a soul-soothing place. Spread over an area of 60 acres, Brindavan Gardens, with its charming rose gardens and flower beds, makes you feel overwhelmed right from the entrance.
- Timing: Everyday from 6:00 am to 8.00 pm.
- Entry Fee: INR 15 per person for adults and INR o5 per person for children
4.GRS Fantasy park
GRS Fantasy Park is Mysore's amusement park and water park. It's a great place to visit with family, especially children. The Fantasy Park has a lot of rides to enjoy. In GRS Fantasy Park,there are family rides, children's rides, and exciting rides. The site is a complete entertainment and fun package. If you're going to visit Mysore in the summer, this is one place you shouldn't miss. Now add it to your itineraries!
- Timings: 10:30 am to 6 pm
- Entry fee: INR 700
It is one of South India's most popular dams. KRS dam is an exciting location in Mysore built above the Kaveri River. You can quickly explore it if you want to find a place to visit Mysore in 1 day by vehicle, and then you take approximately 30 mins by vehicle from the town. Every night you can relax or walk in the garden of the barracks. The musical fountain contributes to the esthetics of the site.
- Timings: 10 am to 8 pm
- Entry fee: INR 15
6. Chunchanakatte Falls
You might be surprised to know how many waterfalls Mysore also has, although not so popular, are a real delight for the eyes and the soul. One of these is Chunchanakatte Falls on the Kaveri River in the village of Mysore, Chunchanakatte. This river falls entirely unclosed and peaceful from an altitude of 20 meters split into two distinct waterfalls, before proceeding as a single river at the base.
- Timings: Open all days of the week
- Entry fee: Nil